August is finally here! School is already starting for many kids, with many more just around the corner. How is your family adjusting to the new routine? Returning to school after a long break is hard for everyone, not just the kids. So much of the routine is factored around us parents. Many of us are the lunch packers, morning alarms, launderers, bus drivers, and homework checkers in our households. Without us being on our game and ready to roll — school does not happen.
So we are here to help you find ways to get it all done and ready for that first big week back. Here is our top 5 list of things you need in your life to make the week run smoothly.
Our top 5 back to school hacks:
- School Lunch Station: this hack is amazing. Not only is it a time saver, it also enables your kids to get involved and pack their own lunch. Check it out!
- Bedtime routine: Like many of you, my kids stay up later during the summer. We also wake up later. This causes a huge shock to our system when we have to wake early for school. This mommy blogger has some great ideas for returning to proper bedtime routines.
- Time management: when those kids get home they seem to revert right back to summer mode. Now you can combat that attitude with a new and improved after-school schedule.
- Homework station: this is a great tip. Homework is an important part of back-to-school. You want your kids to be ready to go and ready to excel. With these tips, they will be on the right track.
- Breakfast on the GO: We have all been there. School is hard to adjust to, and sometimes you run late. Here are some amazing make-ahead breakfasts for those on-the-run days.
We hope you enjoy your newfound freedom without the kids at home, but mostly we hope you adjust quickly and easily to your new routines!