If you are one of the lucky ones enjoying that sweet spring weather already then we. Have a fun outdoor activity for you. If you are stuck inside in the snow then we have a fun activity that will make you feel like spring has already sprung.
Fireflies are one of natures sweetest and magical phenomena. They glow and buzz through the air like our very own stars of the night. As kids many of us were lucky enough to sit outside with our families and watch these magical bugs buzz around the yard, others dreamed of these magical creatures and watched them in movies that made us yearn for the Lightning bugs. Well now you and your kids can enjoy them together whether they live in your area or not. All you need is a few little items to make your own sweet and magical fireflies that you can keep forever.
What You a Will Need:
Plastic Easter Eggs
Battery powered tea light
What You Will Do:
1. Take your plastic Easter eggs and use your thumb tack to poke two holes in the top of one half of the egg. Then poke 6 holes, 3 on each side of the bottom half of the other egg piece.
2. Stick pipe cleaners in the holes bending the two in to antennae and the others in to legs.
3. Use your permanent marker to draw eyes on the egg half with the antennae and a smile as well.
4. Take two pieces of duct tape and stick them together sticky side to sticky side. Then use your scissors to cut an oval shape and cut it in half midway to separate the wings, then stick it to the bottom half of the egg.
5. Now place your tea light in the top half of the light, bulb side out, and connect the two pieces to close the egg.
6. Now you can enjoy your sweet firefly all night long.