Easter may still be a few weeks away, but it is always nice to plan ahead. I love to bake, especially at the holidays. Recently we have been so busy that if I do not plan ahead I will never have time to accomplish anything, thank you baseball season! So I am looking ahead and planning out my Easter to-do’s now. I have already found egg dying tutorials that both my kids and I are excited to try, I have ideas for Easter Baskets, and I have found the perfect (and simple!) Bunny Cupcakes for Easter Day.
Thank you Pillsbury for making my life simple! I try to bake form scratch on most occasions, but with both kids in baseball and school it makes it that much harder to accomplish everything. Especially since the family is attending a wedding out of town in March. This recipe is easy to follow, allows me to not worry about too many instructions, and it is simple enough the kids can help me out.
- 1 (15.25 oz.) package
- Additional ingredients to prepare cake mix per package instructions
- 2 containers
- 24 marshmallows
- Pink decorator sugar
- 24 miniature jelly beans (select your favorite colors)
- 48 black sugar pearl sprinkles
- Step 1 – Prepare cake mix according to package instructions using water, oil and eggs to make 24 cupcakes. Cool completely.
- Step 2 – Place frosting in large decorating bag fitted with round tip with wide round opening. Pipe a 1 3/4-inch diameter mound of frosting on top of each cupcake.
- Step 3 – Cut each marshmallow in half diagonally into 2 pieces. Dip cut side of each piece into pink sugar to coat. Place on cupcakes, sugar side up, to resemble ears.
- Step 4 – Insert one jelly bean into each frosting mound to create noses. Use clean tweezers to place black sprinkles to create eyes.
Once you are done you can enjoy your delicious and adorable looking bunny cupcakes. I know we will!