We know that the fall brings great food, but sometimes with a house full of busy boys with sports and other extracurricular activities it can be hard for any momma to get a delicious dinner on the table. That is why we have found you a fantastic recipe that will help you to get a great meal ready quickly and still have time to play with your boys.
This month we found a great new recipe blog written by Mom of one Dani, a foodie that loves to share her fantastic food ideas on her blog. She was kind enough to allow us to share her superb Southern Cowgirl Chili recipe with you mommas out there looking for a quick but delicious meal. Dani has lots of other great recipes that will make life easy for Moms on the go, so don’t forget to check out her website Dani’s Recipe Creations.
What You Will Need:
- 1 lb. of ground beef
- 1 lb. of Jimmy dean breakfast ground sausage
- 1 can of red kidney beans(drained)
- 1 can of Bush’s Grillin beans Texas Ranchero Flavor pinto beans
- 1 can of ranch style beans
- 1 reg. can of diced tomatoes
- 1 reg. can of Rotel
- 1 packet of McCormick Mild Chili seasoning
- 1 small onion and bell pepper diced
- 1 cup of water
- 2-3 tsp Oil (for cooking the meat and onions)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
What You Will Do:
1. Begin by sautéing the onion and the bell peppers in a little oil with the meats.
2. Then mix together the chili seasoning package and a cup of water. Then add to meat mixture.
3. Now add beans and other remaining ingredients. Mix and cook on medium for about 30 minutes or 1 hour on low (the longer it cooks the better it stews to perfection.)
Now serve with some cheese and chips or tortillas for a great fall meal!