It is that time of year when we all indulge in sweets. They taste so good and look so delicious we just can’t help it. But what if you had a great sweet tasting treat that wasn’t so bad to indulge in? Well we found the perfect fall treat for your family. Pumpkin is a great treat because it can be sweet but it is still a vegetable packed with vitamins and fiber which help keep your body going strong. So now you can feed your family sweet treats without feeling too guilty.
We found this delectable treat on a great blog called Inspired by Charm. It was created and is run by Michael who owns a bed and breakfast in Pennsylvania. Michael updates his blog regularly with great recipe ideas that he has tested on his guests. It is a great site for some sweet treats that can be shared with your family, after all, kids love sweet treats! So check out some of his incredible cookies and other treats but make sure you try this great take on a brownie, or blondie since the chocolate is white. Don’t forget the pumpkin!
What You Will Need:
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 1/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin puree
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
Powered sugar for dusting
What You Will Do:
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease and flour a 13×9-inch baking pan.
2. In a large bowl begin mixing together the butter and the brown sugar. Then set them aside.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices, and salt. Set aside.
4. Then whisk in the egg, vanilla, and pumpkin with the brown sugar and butter until combined.
5. Slowly mix in the flour mixture and stir until just combined. Gently stir in your white chocolate chips.
6. Pour batter into pan. Bake for about 20 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
7. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and cut into desired serving size.