We all have days that we just cannot believe how many things go wrong. It is usually such a simple thing to, but it colors our whole day. The book and Movie Alexander’s Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day always comes to mind when my day starts to slide downhill. There doesn’t have to be much for a normal day to become bad, just the right series of events, the right amount of annoyance, craziness, or things that just don’t work. Well we cant promise to make bad days go away, I wish we could. But these are a few fun little hacks all over the internet that can keep a bad moment from becoming a bad day. We wrangled a few of them together to help you in moments of crises like these.
1. Your son or daughter is eating a popsicle at a summer barbecue, and it is melting all over their nice clean outfit. The outfit chosen especially for the family photo you haven’t taken yet. Try this. Place a cupcake wrapper on the popsicle. It will catch the drips and drizzles of a melting popsicle, and save you a meltdown of “family photo proportions.”
2. You left your 3 year old to go potty by themselves. When you went to check on them you realized that the nearly full toilet paper roll is now only sporting about 5 sheets. Next time try adding this fun little rule of thumb to your little ones bathroom. They pull the toilet paper down to this spot then tear.
3. The kids got all cleaned up by themselves after playing mud pies in the yard all day. You’re so proud, until you see that they used an entire bottle of soap while washing in the sink. Try this neat trick, twist a rubber band around the neck of the pump. Now the pump can only go down as far as the rubber band, and your kids can only get a little soap.
4. Your husband was being extra sweet and put the baby down for his nap today. But he forgot his shoes in the nursery and had to open the door to go back in for them. When he opened the door the baby woke up screaming. So much for nap time. Next time try this hack, wrap a rubber band around each doorknob so that it keeps the latch pushed in. Now you can open and shut the door without it latching hard and waking the sleeping babe.
5. Playdate day! But your best friend’s son got sick all over the legos. Don’t worry, just pop them in a mesh bag or old pillow case and toss them in the hot washing machine with some laundry detergent and maybe a little bleach. Problem fixed.
6. Your 12 year old is finally big enough to sit up front in the car. He is so excited and cannot stop using everything up front, including the cup holders. He has placed juice drink in the cupholder and it has spilled all inside the cupholder. Now everything sticks inside of it. Next time try placing a silicone cupcake liner in it, now when things spill you can easily pull them out and wash them.
These may all be small insignificant parts of our days, but when they pile up they can turn in to horrible days. So try some of these fun and simple hacks for an easy and horrible free fix.