Spring is coming and it is time to get outside and enjoy that weather. How do we enjoy some outdoor time and make something fun and cool? Get to tie dyeing! You can tie dye just about anything. Want to tie dye a new shirt? Got a bag or backpack you want to tie dye? What about a hat? Towel? The possibilities are endless. We decided to do a fun tee shirt. But you can do just about anything, even a bedding set if you want a fun and funky new bedroom do-over for your boys.
This is a simple project, fun to do alone or with friends. You could even host a tie dyeing party. Everyone can customize their own shirt, hat, you name it!
What You a Will Need:
Tulip Tie Fabric Dye Kit, Classic
Boys 5 Pack Crew Neck Tee
Plastic Gallon Zippered Storage Bags
What You Will Do:
1. Pre-wash and dry the shirts.
2. Wear old clothes and old shoes you wouldn’t mind getting stained.
3. Apply the dye outdoors on the grass to minimize mess.
4. Wear disposable gloves!! These are included in the kit and are a MUST.
5. Pull back long hair.
6. After dye has been applied, store in a plastic storage bag with rubber bands still in tact for a full day.
7. After a full day, rinse the dyed shirt in a large tub with hose water in the yard. Wring out any excess water and hang on a line to dry.
8. Proudly wear your unique and colorful shirt!