Need something fun to do for dinner this week? Looking for something that will surprise your taste buds and your family? We all know how hard it can be to keep finding or inventing new fun and easy dishes to eat during the week when everyone is busy, that is why we are here to help you find at least one new fun recipe each month. This month we have a great recipe that will impress the whole family, Oven-Baked Nachos.
Nachos are a fun tasty treat that kids and adults love. This recipe has been all over pinterest for weeks now and is impressing even the toughest critics, and is being hailed as an easy mid-week fix. So perhaps this week you should give it a chance and try something new, you might just find a great new meal to add to your meal rotation.
What You Will Need:
- 1 1/2 tsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 lb 95% lean ground beef or chicken or even pork
- 1 Tblspn taco seasoning
- 3/4 c canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 16 wonton wrappers (found in the produce section)
- 5 Tblspn of queso dip or salsa con queso
- 1 c chunky salsa
- 1 c reduced fat shredded Mexican cheese
- Guacamole or sour cream for serving
What You Will Do:
- First, pre-heat the oven to 375. Lightly mist 8 cups in a muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- Heat Olive oil in a sauté pan or large skillet over medium-high heat, add the ground beef and taco seasoning and brown beef, breaking it with a spoon. Add black beans and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for a few minutes until warm
- Push a wonton wrapper into the bottom of each of the eight sprayed cups in the muffin tin. Spoon a teaspoon of queso dip into each wonton wrapper and spread across the bottom. Spoon some of the meat/beans mixture into each cup, around two teaspoons. Then layer a teaspoon or so of salsa, sprinkle a pinch of the cheese evenly over the top of each cup.
- Now later another wonton wrapper and repeat the process all over again. Then place in the oven and bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Let them cool for about 5 minutes before removing from the pan. Now serve with sour cream or guacamole.
Now enjoy a great dish that is sure to be a family favorite!